Marrakesh - Earthquake Relief Fundraiser
Over the weekend we heard the devastating news of the earthquake in Morocco. The death toll rose from the hundreds to the thousands. After going through this terrifying experience, losing loved ones, so many are left injured and/or homeless.
This colourway is based on the historic medina of Marrakesh, the epicentre of the earthquake. Having lived in neighbouring Algeria, I know how frightening tremors can be, let alone large-scale destruction of homes and buildings in an earthquake. I saw a family member’s home destroyed in the earthquake in Algeria in 2003. I know that people that have their homes in tact would have been frightened to go back into them.
This is a small gesture to help the people those affected by the earthquake. £5 from the sale of each skein will be going to aid the victims of the earthquake.
It is available on:
- 75% superwash merino 25% nylon 4-ply/fingering weight (425m)
- 72% kid mohair 28% silk laceweight (50g skein - 420m)
- 50% superwash merino 50% silk fingering weight (400m)
- 100% non superwash corriedale 4-ply/fingering weight (400m)
- 75% superwash merino 25% nylon DK (225m)
If you would prefer it on another base, please get in touch and I’ll see what I can do.